INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CHILDREN, HOW WE USE IT, AND HOW AND WHEN WE COMMUNICATE WITH PARENTS
SPORTS HUB, INC. provides to its members a range of sites and applications that are intended for users of all ages and their families. Our sites and applications offer a variety of activities, including activities that may collect information from children. Below we summarize potential instances of collection and outline how and when we will provide parental notice and/or seek parental consent. In any instance that we collect personal information from a child, we will retain that information only so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the activity request or allow the child to continue to participate in the activity, and ensure the security of our users and our services, or as required by law. In the event we discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, or if you as a user discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements we strongly encourage you to contact us and we will either delete the information or immediately seek the parent’s consent for that collection.
SPORTS HUB does not allow children 12 years of age and younger to register on any of our sites but rather suggest for such registration to be done by a parent or guardian. Children 13 years and older can register and Parents/Guardians can register their children under the age of 13 with our members Soccer Clubs and Soccer Leagues through the websites that we as SPORTS HUB provide for them to access an account, view and receive content, participate in tournaments, and engage in different events, among other things. During the registration process, we may ask the child or the Parent/Guardian to provide certain information for notification and verification purposes, including first and last name, email address, Date of Birth, gender, nationality, emergency contact information, address, phone number, and a picture. Please note that children and Parent/Guardians can choose whether to share or not their information with us, but certain features cannot function without it. As a result, children, parents or guardians may not be able to access certain features or to participate in certain activities if the required information has not been provided. We will not require a child to provide more information than is reasonably necessary in order to participate in an activity.
Collection of parent personal information: Consistent with the COPPA requirements on any child-directed site or application, or in any instance where we ask for age and determine the user is age 12 or under, We will ask for such registration to be done by a parent or guardian and in that process we will ask for the parent or guardian personal information including email address. If you believe your child is participating in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent/guardian have NOT received an email providing notice or seeking your consent, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Generated by a Child
Certain activities on our members Soccer Clubs and Soccer Leagues sites and applications may allow children to create or manipulate content and save it with SPORTS HUB. Some of these activities do not require children to provide any personal information and therefore may not result in a notice to the parent or require parental consent. If an activity or event requires a child to enter personal information in order to participate, we will seek verifiable parental consent through an online form or by email.
VERIFIABLE CONSENT BEFORE COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM A CHILD:
In the event SPORTS HUB wishes to collect personal information from a child, COPPA requires that we first seek the parent or guardian’s consent. In order to verify this consent, SPORTS HUB may choose to use one or multiple methods simultaneously from the list described below:
- Consent Form. SPORTS HUB requires the parent or guardian to register themselves on our site in order to create an account where they can log in, and register their child with any of our members Soccer Clubs or Soccer Leagues. Before the parent or guardian can enter any information about their child, they are presented with a Parental Consent form to be print, filled out, signed, scan, and uploaded back into our system. Once the signed Parental Consent form has been received the parent or guardian is allowed to enter the child information. If we do not receive the signed Parental Consent form the parent or guardian will not be allowed to enter their child’s information.
- Email Consent. SPORTS HUB will send an email to the parent or guardian explaining what information we are collecting, how we plan to use it, how the parent can provide consent, and how the parent can revoke consent. If we do not receive parental consent then the parent or guardian will not be allowed to register their child.
- Online Payment System. SPORTS HUB through the child’s registration process implements an online payment system that provides notification of each separate transaction to the parent or guardian email address. In the event that the parent or guardian does not recognize these transactions, we encourage them to contact us right away so that we can identify the issue and delete the child’s information from our system if necessary.
Email Contact with a Child
At the time of the registration process, we may collect online contact information, such as an email address from Children 13 years of age and older. In connection with soccer events, certain activities or services we may use such email address to communicate with the child. Examples of these communications would be a newsletter that will contain updates about an event or statistics updates about a soccer tournament that the child may be related to. If at any given time a parent or guardian feels that these communications are inappropriate, we encourage them to contact us right away so that we can learn about these communications and improve to prevent further inconveniences. The parent or guardian can request for their child to be removed from such communications.
- provide children with access to features and activities on our sites and applications
- customize the content and improve our sites and applications
- conduct research and analysis to address the performance of our sites and applications
- generate anonymous reporting for use by SPORTS HUB
In the event we collect (or allow others to collect) such information from children on our sites and applications for other purposes, we will notify parents and obtain consent prior to such collection.
WHEN INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN IS AVAILABLE TO OTHERS
In addition to those rare instances where a child’s personal information is posted publicly (after receiving high-level parental consent), we also may share or disclose personal information collected from children in a limited number of instances, including the following:
- We may share information with our service providers if necessary for them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us.
- We may disclose personal information if permitted or required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may disclose personal information collected from children (i) in response to a law enforcement or public agency’s (including schools or children services) request; (ii) if we believe disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety or protect the safety of a child using our sites or applications; (iii) to protect the security or integrity of our sites, applications, and other technology, as well as the technology of our service providers; or (iv) enable us to take precautions against liability.
PARENTAL CHOICES AND CONTROLS
At any time, parents can refuse to permit us to collect further personal information from their children in association with a particular account and can change, delete or request that we delete from our records the personal information we have collected in connection with that account. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account, membership, or other services.
Where a child, parent or guardian has registered their child with any of our members Soccer Clubs or Soccer Leagues, we use two methods to allow parents to access, change, or delete the personally identifiable information that we have collected from their children:
- Parents can change, or delete their child’s and their own personal information by logging on to their Admin Account Panel through our Login page.
- Parents can contact us to request access to, change, or delete their child’s personal information by sending an email to us at email@example.com. A valid request to delete personal information will be accommodated within a reasonable time.
Send your inquiries to:
- SPORTS HUB, INC.
- Customer Care Center
- 2121 N. Neva Ave.
- Chicago, IL. 60707
- United States
- Phone: (773) 663-8250
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In any correspondence such as email or mail, please include the Soccer Club or Soccer League name that you are part of. To protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify a parent’s identity before granting access to any personal information.