“This gives you life, football gives you life”
Play as much as possible with friends at home or at Chicago TNT Futbol Club.
Gather your friends for a casual game or join the Chicago TNT Futbol Club team to get games every week. You will never improve if you don’t play soccer as often as possible. At the end of the day, there are no shortcuts to becoming an advanced soccer player except playing and practicing frequently.
Focus on reaching “match good form.”
This means that you could play a full game, usually 90 minutes, without getting significantly tired or losing your skills. Soccer is a constant, fast-moving sport that requires a lot of stamina, and your first benchmark should be to run for at least 45 minutes without getting tired.
CHICAGO TNT FUTBOL CLUB
- Always work on your weakest points. Practice each exercise with both feet. Try practicing in all the different positions.
- Try to become a leader on your team. Be talkative and encourage others to do the same. Coaches will be very impressed with this and, in the long run, this is how captains are chosen on teams.
- Practice with players more advanced than you so that you can learn from their techniques.
- Fully stretch, hydrate and massage your body. Tension-free muscles will perform better.
- Everything you can do with one foot you must be able to do with the other. You have to become ambidextrous with your legs to be a great soccer player.
- Don’t practice (or play) with people you know you will beat. Playing with more advanced players will also improve your skill.
Always drink lots of water.
- Focus on all areas of the game. For example, being fit does not mean that you have a good touch or that you can dribble properly.
- Practice makes a master. Sitting at home is not going to help you. Come out and play! Find some friends, practice together, and then play a practice match using the skills you learned in training. Sitting at home playing video games will not help your game.